Summer is in full swing in Salt Lake City and with that brings lots of great food-related events. These are not to be missed!
Caymus Vineyards Wine Events
Caymus Vineyards is one of California’s most iconic vineyards and the only winery to ever win Wine Spectator’s prestigious “Wine of the Year” twice. In celebration of its 40th Anniversary in 2012, the vineyard bottled an epic Napa Valley Cabernet that is being debuted in Utah. Join Francis Fecteau of Libation LLC and Mike Gioia of Caymus to talk about the winery and taste several bottles of the winery’s wine at the following events:
- BTG Wine Bar :: Tuesday, June 3 @ 6:30 :: wine with passed hors d’oeurves, $20 food + $30 wine. Call 801-359-2814 for reservations.
- Fresco Italian Café :: Wednesday, June 4th @ 6:00 p.m. :: wine pairing dinner, $50 food + $35 wine + gratuity. Call 801-486-1300 for reservations.
The Downtown Farmers Market Kick-Off Party
The Downtown Farmers Market starts on June 14th at Pioneer Park and continues every Tuesday and Saturday throughout the summer. In celebration, the Downtown Market Kick Off Party is next week featuring live music, local food and drinks, and a silent auction. The fundraiser event is a chance to preview the market, eat great food, mingle with your fellow SLCers and support a wonderful asset to our community.
- Downtown Farmers Market Kick Off Party :: Tuesday, June 3 @ 5:30, Squatters Downtown :: tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door. Click here to purchase.
Habit Burger Opens in South Jordan
Habit Burger Grill is opening its fifth Utah location on June 5th following the popularity of its first Sugarhouse location. Now the south end of the valley can get their Habit fix at the District Shopping Center, near the northeast entrance, at 11428 S. Parkway Plaza Drive. Habit Burger will be open Monday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Prior to the opening day, several Habit Burger will host several charity events where a portion of proceeds will be donated to the following charities:
- Tuesday, June 3 :: Share Our Strength Charity, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and Bingham High Cheerleaders, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 4 :: The Utah 1033 Foundation, 11:30-1:30 p.m.